Sunday, September 18, 2005

Fall TV Preview

This is probably my favorite time of the year. NFL is back, baseball is coming down to the post season and the new TV season starts. Every year I invest my time into a series only to see it get axed by the network. Which of the following will be cancelled? Not sure but these shows are what I will be watching this fall (the new shows are bolded):

Sunday Night

Simpsons - duh
West Wing - Hopefully it continues to improve like the end of the last season. It has struggled.
Desperate Housewives - I liked the show at first but I found it became repetitive. I will try ti again for a while but I suspect I will tire of it.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Cool show and Chris Noth is coming back as Det Mike Logan.
Rome - See my previous posts.

Monday Night

Arrested Development - Funniest show on TV. If you have not seen it, watch it.
Prison Break - Love this new show, could be the new 24. See previous posts.
Las Vegas - See Vegas Sam, nuff said.
CSI: Miami - This is my favorite CSI. Caruso is the best overactor since Shatner.

Tuesday Night

Rescue Me - Great stories and good acting.
Over There - New Iraqi war show from Bochco (NYPD Blue). Violent but poignant.
Commander In Chief - This is new and I may only watch it once. It looks like it could be interesting.
House - I had never watched it until the season premiere this past week. I may have to watch this instead of Commander in Chief. It seems pretty good.
NCIS - I did not watch it last season but watched the summer re-runs. Good stories and a great dynamic between the leads keeps bring me back.
L&O: SVU - I have watched it for 6 seasons, can't stop now.

Wednesday Night

LOST - My favorite new show from last year. In fact, I watched the whole season again on DVD during my holiday. Ask me to lend the DVD to you, you won't regret it.
Invasion - I am sucker for Sci-fi so I will see. Threshold (on CBS) was better, see Friday night list for more on Threshold
Law & Order - Still entertaining after all these years.
E-Ring - Like Commander in Chief this show will get one viewing. I suspect that this show will be cancelled before Xmas.

Thursday Night

The OC - You all know how I fell about this show.
Alias - Last season was pretty good but I have concerns. Garner is knocked up and still a spy? WTF?
CSI - I am not the biggest fan of this show but I love Vegas. Gotta watch.
ER - This show pisses me off every season. It keeps getting worse and worse, yet I keep watching it. I guess I just hope it will get better someday. Unlikely, this will probably be the last year for it.
Night Stalker - This will likely be cancelled but I kind of like spooky shows.

Friday Night

Numb3rs - Like NCIS, I did not watch this last year but caught it during the summer. This is probably the smartest show on US network television.
Threshold - I watched the two hour series premiere on Friday night and it is excellent. Aliens, spooky story and a hot lead actress. I am not sure if the premise is sustainable over time. I would hate for this show become like V. Check it out.
Bernie Mac - Bernie Mac is hilarious and this show is pretty entertaining.

Saturday Night

Nothing except SNL. No Tina Fey for a while so no VK until she is back.


As you can see, I like my TV. Thank good for VCR's and PVR's. Let me know if there something you watch that is good and I am not watching it.

VK

No comments: