Friday, December 30, 2005

Las Vegas

Why is it so hard to convince people to go to Vegas?

Friend #1: Question: Vegas? Will the trip cost me more than $500 all expenses included? Answer: Quit being cheap and pony up

Friend #2: Comment: I will have to check with my wife. Translation: Uh, no but I wish I could.

Friend #3: Excuse: But I'm going in January and my wife probably wouldn't let me go again. Translation: I won't even ask because I do not want the shame in being told "no"!

Friends #4: Comment: Maybe, I will have to see when Reading Week is and if the plant will be shut down during that week. Odds of coming: 30%

Friends #5: Excuse: I am just about done law school (read: expensive) and my boyfriend is going snowmobiling that week. Translation: Actually, I am okay with Bentleys excuse. She's cool and said she would come with me next year.

Friend #6: Excuse: My wife is pregant and may need my help. Translation: She is not due for 3 months after the trip so he is just scared as well.

Friend #7: Answer: Sounds good. Book it and let me know how much I owe you.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to find someone to go to Vegas if IA had any sort of life.

VK wishes everyone a safe new year and will return in January.

No comments: