Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm back?


Well, it has been over 4 years since my last post and I think I am ready to try this blogging thing again. Only this time I am going to just write about whatever pops in to my head. If people start to read this site then I may let people suggest topics they'd like my opinion on.

The world has changed significantly in the past 4 years (to say the least). My life has gone on. I bought a new place in 2007 and still like where I work. 10 years in the same place and I really have no complaints.

The New York Yankees lost on Friday night to the Texas Rangers and now the season is over. It kind of weird but I am feeling a sense of loss. And while I don't play for the Yankees (obviously), I feel like I am out of the game. I was thinking about this yesterday and trying to figure why I feel a void and then it came to me. I figure I watched approximately 130-140 games this season. That's got to be close to 500 hours of viewing time in the past six months taken up by the New York Yankees. That 500 hours equates to over 20 days since the season began. And if I include the time reading the New York newspapers online and my favorite Yankees blog (http://yankees.lhblogs.com/) it has to be another 150 hours during the season. All of a sudden I am up to 650 hours during the last 6 months revolving around the New York Yankees. 650 hours is 27 days! That's nearly a month. Wow!! Basically that works out to 16.7% of my life over the past six months. Factor in sleeping (31.3%) & working (22.3%), that makes the New York Yankees the third most time consuming factor in my life for the past 6 months.

And I wonder why I feel so empty after the play-off loss. Fuck, I need a life!! But now that it is over, what can I do? I starting reading a book yesterday so it's not all bad.

'Til next time.

VK

No comments: