Tuesday, September 13, 2005

By Request - Week One NFL Analysis

Oakland 20 NE 30

This game was pretty good. Randy Moss made some great catches but yet again NE has been able to win. Tom Brady is probably the most efficient QB in the league. The Oakland O-line is weak. Could Robert Gallery be overrated? I certainly believe so. NE misses Johnson and Bruschi.

NY Jets 7 KC 27

Yikes. Several publications have the Jets contending for the SuperBowl. I believe Chad Pennington had 5-6 fumbles. This can not be blamed on poor arm strength. This is just plain bad football. I know that KC has upgraded their D but is this domination a sign of things to come. I don't see. Is there a better one-two RB tandem than Holmes and Johnson. Wow. The best offense in the NFL continues to look strong.

Seattle 14 JAX 26

I did not watch mush of this game but from I did see that Hasselbeck stunk it up. For Seattle to be a contender, their QB needs to maintain a measure of quality play. 2 TD's are good but 3 INT's and 1 Fumble will not do it. On the Jax side of the ball, the ageless wonder Jimmy Smith looks great. It looks like Leftwich might be the real deal.

Cincy 27 Cle 13

Could the Bengals be the real deal? Well, if this game is any indication, they are. Carson Palmer looked excellent and Rudi ran wild. Granted this came against a team which I am not sure I even know one player (KWII not withstanding) but I see good things. I like the Bengals schedule as well. I may have to rethink my rankings of the Bengals in the North. One of the friends of this blog, bengals4ever, had problems with his NFL Ticket this weekend and almost missed the game. Now that would have been funny.

Chicago 7 Wash 9

Yuck. No comments other than I see that Mark Brunell is starting for Wash this week. Does this mean the Patrick Ramsey era is over? Almost makes you wish for the Danny Wuerffel era. And yes, I am fully aware that Wuerffel was arguably the worst draft pick ever made in a fantasy football draft. Who took him?

NO 23 Car 20

Most uplifting game of the week? Probably. However, there is no way Carolina should have lost this game. Carolina lost Kris Jenkins for the season. This is bad news for Panther fans. NO did not look that good but somehow got the field goal with 3 seconds left to win. Next week they play a home game at Giants Stadium. Why can't they play in San Antonio?

Ten 7 Pitt 34

I was wrong about this game. I figured Ten might even be able to win. Willie Parker is probably the best 3rd stringer RB in the game. Tennessee looked bad and when your star for the game is a mediocre TE like Ben Troupe then you know you have not won.

Hou 7 Buf 22

This game showcased the Bills defense and new QB JP Losman. Both looked pretty good. David Carr did not. When will Houston fans start looking for a more dynamic QB? The expansion honeymoon is quickly coming to an end.

TB 24 Min 13

First of all, I must preface this by reminding the faithful readers that I have predicted that Minny will win XL this year. That being said, they had better pull it together. Now I know that this is only week one but c'mon. They lost to TB at home in the dome. Culpepper looked brutal. TB on the other hand was made to look awesome but the Minny D. Cadillac had a great game. And the other Alex Smith looked great as a rookie TE.

Dal 28 SD 24

Are the 'Boys for real? Nope but they did pull one out. Let's see SD play this bad with Gates back and maybe we will see the end of Martyball. Bledsoe threw 3 TD's, maybe the Tuna is Drew's magic elixir.

Den 10 Miami 34

What the hell is this? The second worst team last year rolls over Denver. Could it be we have all overrated Denver? Yes, I think we have. I am now officially a Jake Plummer basher. He sucks. Bring in Van Pelt!! This defense was supposed to be great and yet Miami scored 34. Wait, I think they just scored again. To quote the Indian Assassin,"Gus Frerotte is a God". Now I am not sure about that but maybe he can hold this team together.

This was sent to me by a friend of the blog. Thanks to Paydirt:



SUPER BOWL XL by: The Mush Ninjas (jolyan)

A few things that would help the Dolphins get to this year's super bowl.
1. 27 Pittsburgh Steelers come down with the ebola virus at the same time.
2. R. Williams gives up weed for steroids and someone ships him the whizzanator.
3. Brady, Manning, and Holmes all plan a mid-season trip to Bermuda - plane never heard from again.
4. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Chris McAllister, and Dion Sanders all start the XFL2.
5. Gus Ferotte changes his name to MAX POWER and buys a bionic arm for 6 million dollars.
6. They get to play Denver 16 straight times in Pro Player Stadium.
7. The Buffalo Bills are forced to either play OJ Simpson or forced to play "Whose that bringing home the sunglasses?" with OJ Simpson. One or the other.
8. Jacksonville decides to rest Leftowhich for the 2005 season and start the first woman ever to play in the NFL.
9. Quit worrying about how good the Browns and Titans looked in the late 90's.
10. If the first 9 really happened, I would take the Dolphins at home against the Bengals 60% of the time.
STL 25 SF 28
So the worst team in the league last year beat a contender. This score is not even indicative of how well the SF defense played. They were on the field for over 40 minutes. I hate the Rams more than SF so good for them. The number one draft pick did not play.
Ari 19 NYG 42
I did not watch this game at all but I see that Arizona actually led 13-7 at the half. I still think Arizona will be a contender in the West. Of course, a pee-wee football team could contend in the NFC West. Eli's stats don't look impressive. Special teams won it for New York.
GB 3 Det 17
Is Brett done? We may have seen the beginning of the end. He did not appear to be even interested in playing. And I don't blame him. He has had a crappy couple of years in his private life`and now his best receiver is out for the year. I say Brett should walk away proud and not look back. Detroit won in spite of Harrington. Rookie Mike Williams caught a TD. Wrong Williams, Joey. Throw it to Roy and help my fantasy team out.
Indy 24 Bal 7
Indy has improved their D and made Boller look foolish. Of course, that is not hard but the D pressed nonetheless. Actually, Boller was knocked out of the game by a Larry Tripplett sack. Anthony Wright will start the next game. The Kyle Boller experiment could be reaching its end. Even though the score was 3-0 at the half you just knew the game was already lost for the Ravens. Peyton came out and lit up the Ravens D for 24 points. I don't think 15-1 is out of the question for a Colts record this season.
Philly 10 Atlanta 14
Boy Mike Vick is fun to watch. He can't pass well but man can he run. McNabb made some questionable plays last night. I think we could be watching the demise of the Eagles. Nice pre-game action with two players being ejected. This was so exciting that The Indian Assassin called me in a state of giddiness to report the fights. It is good to see players fired up but lets fight it out in the trenches not during the warm-ups.
Well thats it. I can't guarantee I will do this every week as this took me an hour but I will try my best. Back to my vacation. More later.
VK

No comments: