Monday, October 10, 2005

New York Yankees


Tonight is game five of the ALDS and I am getting more nervous by the minute. In fact, I am off of work in 20 minutes and heading out to get some comfort food. That's right, Wendy's is offering the Bacon Mushroom melt again.
I will enjoy one of these and then settle in for a night of unbearable stress. Mussina was sharp last week. Are two games in a row too much to wish for? Of course, by 8pm I will be screaming at the TV and Marmie will be looking at me like I went insane. By 930, it will all be over and I will either be laying in bed crying myself to sleep or contemplating the Yanks staff against the ChiSox.

I guess the real thing that gets me through this whole ordeal is that the Red Sux are already shining up the clubs and the Yanks are playing.

Speaking of sleeping, I had a nightmare last night. Wanna hear what woke me up at 3am this morning. Here is what I heard in my dream, "New York starting centrefielder, Johnny Damon". George, say it ain't so.

VK

No comments: