Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Radio

Hello faithful readers. Sorry I have been away for the past little bit but I have been sick and not very chatty. However, due to some complaints from readers lamenting the lack of updates I will post something that has been bothering me for a while.

I hate local radio. I don't mean talk radio on AM. That is not so bad and it serves a function. I am talking FM - 91.7, 92.5, 97.9, 100.3, 102.9, etc. The other day I had to drive somewhere and I figured I would listen to the radio. Now normally I listen to The Team 1260 but I don't care for any of the local programming. I turn on the radio for the 10 minute drive. I heard a commercial so I changed the channel, it was another commercial, another channel, yes another commercial. I clicked on 7 different radio stations (on a Saturday afternoon) and they were all playing commercials. During the 10 minute drive, I did not here one song even though I was scanning through the stations. This is ridiculous.

This is why I will be the first in line to buy either XM or Sirius when they become available in Canada. The morning shows are juvenile and for the most part the playlists suck. Do yourself a favour. Stop listening to local radio. If you must, try CBC Radio 2. Yes, its classical, but at least you won't hear a freakin' ad selling mustard at a car dealership.

VK

No comments: