Friday, October 14, 2005

Olive Garden

The folks were in town last night and they wanted to go to the Olive Garden since they don't have one where they live. We piled in the Trailblazer and drove on up the road to dinner. We get to the restaurant and walk in. The friendly (if not slightly peppy) hostess proceeds to tell VK Sr that the wait would be 20-25 minutes. Of course, we agreed to wait. Herein lies my issue. Restaurants that don't take reservations should not be allowed. I find it ridiculous to make people wait to sample their product. Could you imagine going to Best Buy and being told to wait outside until a salesperson could help you?

I have an idea to alleviate this problem. If a potential patron wants to make a reservation, have them leave credit number. The restaurant tells the patron that their credit card will be charged "X" amount if they don't show. That way, the owner of the establishment in question can take an advance reservation with the risk of lost revenue. I think if I ever own a restaurant I will put this rule into effect.

Despite having to wait, the dinner was good and I had a good time.

VK

No comments: