Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sunday Morning


Last night I went to the movie with Bentley and Dirty Dan. Good times. Dinner was excellent at Joey's and part of the fun was watching Indian Assassin drink Crown instead of Gibson's. Is IA selling out?

We went and saw Jarhead. It was pretty good. It was an interesting war film that didn't actually have any fighting in it. There were some very funny scenes and some very disturbing images as well. I had read reviews saying the movie really never went any where. I agree but I didn't necessarily think this was a bad thing. The first Iraq didn't really go anywhere and barely accomplished anything. I gave the movie 7 out of 10.



Disappointing Customer Service Moment of the Week:

This morning I went through the drive-thru at McDonald's and ordered my breakfast. The first total the girl gave me was about 50% higher than the bill normally is. (I usually order the same thing for breakfast every time I go). I politely told the clerk that this total seemed quite high. It turns out she had tried to charge me for two super sized orange juices. I actually order apple juice but whatever. So the girl changed the order and still was charging me too much. I explained that I had just ordered the same thing two weeks ago and it was about $2.00 less. She argued with me saying she had done it right. I said "fine" and went through to pick up my meal. After going through the drive-thru I parked and went inside to get to talk to the manager. End of story: I was credited the difference by the manager with a half-hearted apology. Why is there such a lack of competence in retail today?

Big game tomorrow. The Colts are playing the Patriots. Go Colts.

And go Lakers!

No comments: