Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Anniversary

Ten years ago today Netscape went public and I bought the IPO. Wow, time flys when one is having fun. This IPO arguably set off the internet bubble of the late 90's. I remember thinking at the time that the internet was a cool idea that could become quite popular. I had no idea that it would become what it is today. Netscape opened huge and slowly moved back. Then the bubble started. Netscape was then taken over for a huge premium by AOL. I kept the AOL shares and eventually unloaded them the day AOL announced their takeover of Time Warner. 4500% return in 5 years was not bad at the time. Of course, now TWX is in the tank and no one uses Netscape anymore. I still use their browser at home out of nostalgia more than anything else.

Jerry Garcia also died 10 years ago today. I am not a big fan of the Grateful Dead but he was certainly a talented musician and showman.

So I rode the bus again today. The trip was made better by my discovery of Podcasts on iTunes. You can download all sorts of programs and most are free. This morning I listened to a show about the Yankees and one about poker. On the way home I have a show on Fantasy Football to listen to. If you have an iPod, check it out. I am sure you can find something cool to listen to.

I read that Keira Knightley is back on the market after breaking up with her boyfriend. I should let RB know, since I know he likes her. Enjoy the pic, Igga!

VK

No comments: