Thursday, August 04, 2005

Vacation - Day 7


I am down to my last day off of work and I couldn't sadder. I wish I had more time off, as I really do not want to go back. I guess there is way to have more time off but the lack of paycheque could be a problem. Oh well.

Found this site on USATODAY today: http://www.stuffonmycat.com/. The picture (above) today is courtesy of this site. Now, this is one cool cat! Ah, what people do with their spare time.

So, yesterday I wrote about how I was a little excited about hockey returning. I am still excited but I honestly believe that Oilers fans are borderline insane. All I have read and heard about in the local media and from fans is how the good times had returned, the Cup was coming back to the city of Chumpions, etc etc. I say get a life Oilers fans. Just because you have your first bonafide star here in 15 or so year, does not mean you will even make the playoffs. Last time I checked the goaltending stunk and the forwards were average at best. Will Pronger make the team better? Maybe, but there is still room for all sorts of improvement.

Did anyone watch Entourage this week? Classic stuff. ComicCon in San Diego must be a crazy place. I watched In Good Company (http://imdb.com/title/tt0385267/) last night and I must say, the only actor with talent on That 70's Show is Topher Grace. I recommend the movie to everyone. Speaking of That 70's Show, I see that the new movie about Karla Holmolka (http://imdb.com/title/tt0424938/), with Laura Prepon as Karla, has been booted from the Montreal Film Festival because organizers bowed to pressure of the victims rights groups. I have to disagree with this sort of censorship. Yes, this is a bad event in Canadian history but trying to ban a movie about it is wrong. More on this some other time perhaps.

Yankees finally won and Giambi hit two dingers. I think he is back for good.

Out.

VK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are missing the message Canucklehead. Seeing Pronger and Peca come means that the Oilers now have a chance to develop our stars and keep them as opposed to being the Rangers/Flyers farm team. When they say the cup is coming, it means we now have a legitimate chance in a fair system. Lowe is a good GM and will now have a chance to build a quality line up. Would there have been any chance of landing a Pronger 3 years ago? No. The Oilers were unsure if they could even hang on to Ryan Smyth. So, the Oilers now have a legitimate shot of winning.