Monday, August 08, 2005

Back at Work

How exciting is today? I can't describe it but I can say that within 15 minutes of being here this morning I had to take two Tylenol for my headache. I think that says it all.

So, I rode the bus this morning. What an experience that was. Actually, it isn't that bad. I pick the bus up at the end of the block and then I get off the bus right in front of the office. Oil hit $63.85 a barrel today so the $59.00 a month for the bus pass seems like a much better deal.

Peter Jennings of ABC died today. I always preferred the ABC news broadcasts more than any other news show or programming. Seemed like Jennings took his modest Canadian attitude with him to the US. Bill O'Reilly could have learned a few things from Jennings. Speaking of US news, I love The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. It was good to be able to watch it again (since it is on so late and I work so early). He was ripping the US news channels last week for portraying the survival of the Air France crash passengers as a "miracle". Pretty funny stuff, using the actually definition of miracle and then comparing to the the words of CNN, FNC, et al.

I saw in the paper today that Brad Pitt is coming to Calgary and Edmonton in September and October to shoot his new movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443680/). Let's hope he brings his girlfriend (See pic-below)!

VK

No comments: