Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Prison Break and Rescue Me

Yesterday I watched the 2nd season opener of Rescue Me and the series premiere of Prison Break. I have to say that Prison Break looks like the new 24 for me. I love 24 and this new show looks pretty good so far. The shows premise is far fetched but so is 24 when you think about it. I look forward to the next few episodes. If they are as good as the pilot then this could be one of my favorite shows. Rescue Me is interesting. Dennis Leary plays a FDNY firefighter with a drinking problem, marital issues and a pregnant girlfriend who happens to be his dead (9-11) best friends wife. It is pretty bleak, like most FX shows but the secondary story lines are always entertaining.

I also watched the season premiere of Rome on Monday. The first episode was fairly slow, save for the full frontal female nudity and bloody gore. However, from the reviews I have read, the series just keeps getting better. Oh yeah, wasn't Entourage just money on Sunday night. Watching Ari melt down was classic. If you don't know what I am talking about, watch the damn show. Only one more episode this season.

The price of gas is insane. I filled up at 97.9/l this morning. I long for the days of 49.9.

VK

PS 8 days to NFL kick-off. If you are interested in a pick em pool, see VK and get the hook-up.

No comments: